Waitewaewae New Track

On my own so decided I would check out the new track to YTYY as never done, and its said to add an hour on. Somehow I left both days at almost the same time.

Saturday 05/09/2015
Left Wellington and had a stop at my parents house on the way, Not too bad weather wise. Headed off and took the new track for my first time. Same time at both ways at normal walk speed and same time as old track.
The river way to the hut
YTYY hut
Dark, cold, fire, warm feet
Sunday 06/09/2015
Love my coffee in the morning and then after some hut cleaning and fire wood gathering I was off back the same way to check out the walk times.
Morning coffee
Viewing lounge on new track
First slip
Map showing New Track
NZ topo on Alpine Quest
Trip Timers
Saturday 05/09/2015
1203 Left car at Otaki Forks car park
1415 Plateau
1523 YTYY hut
Sunday 06/09/2015
1202 Left YTYY
1325 Start new track on plateau, snack stop
1335 On again
1448 Back onto the tramline track
1547 Otaki Forks car park

River not too bad for this weekend.
Otaki River at Pukehinau Flow for the weekend

No comments: